Sunday, November 25, 2012

Self Discovery: Why you mad though?

Lately I have noticed that I am easily angered by people and their actions.
Am I becoming a crotchety old woman?
Is my tolerance for foolishness getting smaller and smaller as my age gets larger and larger?
I dont know...but I know this is leading to me having to put myself in the corner ALOT. 
I dont put myself in the corner because I feel remorseful. I do it so I dont pop off and say something absolutely horrific and hurtful. Which will lead to hurt feelings and the need to apologize. 

There are a few things I have noticed and discovered  about myself. They may not be the best on character traits but they are mine and I own them.

1. I dont like people in my space. Growing up our house was ALWAYS overrun with relatives and friends and even strangers who needed a place to stay. You could find a quiet corner to sit and think. As an adult that has translated into me being very particular about who I want sharing my personal space and how much of that personal space I want to share. Great example is this week. My freshman year college roommate came to visit. Initially when she told me she was coming I was super excited. I was ready to go exploring DC with her and have fun. As the date of her arrival got closer and closer I got more and mor agitated about it. One of the reasons for this is that I started a new job recently (woop woop!) and I just didn't feel like going anywhere or being around anyone after work. The second was that I just didn't want her here. The entire time she was here I just couldn't drum up even an ounce of enthusiasm and that was reflective in my attitude and my interactions (or lack there of) with her. When she left I literally did the stanky leg in my bed.

GIFSoup
The teachable moment in all of this is...unless your my kid sister when you come visit me...book a hotel room. 

2. Dont ask me for advice if you are going to argue with me about the advice I am giving you. I dont feel like I need to provide an anecdote  for this particular situation. It's self explanatory and if it isn't then you need to assess why you are on this blog.

3. I really really hate it when people try to change my opinion on something. 


I dont know how many times I have to tell folks this yet they still try me. Why do this to yourself? I amaze myself at how stubborn I am sometimes yet you think you can change my mind about something. Ok keep trying.









4. Nosey people...mind yours and I shall mind mine. See how easy that was? Ok let's keep it moving.

Hmmmm let me stop right here because I see myself getting more and more specific and I dont want to hurt peoples feelings.

That is all for today lovelies...holla at me on the flip side.


Smoooooches.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me