I am tired of being a fatty...yes really I am.
In my entire adult life I have NEVER been skinny and I cant let 30 come and I am still wearing jeans 8 sizes smaller than my damn age!
So I have changed my outlook on life.
I am going to start working out daily.
I WILL start eating healthier and smaller portions.
I will remove all negativity from my life, and by this time next year I should be in a size 14.
Now I know yall are thinking "A 14...that's still fat".
But I think it will take me a year to really drop some serious poundage and its a realistic goal.
So in my inaugural healthy eating post I present my first attempt at a healthy meal.
Backstory: I hung out with my friend Terry last weekend. We went to the MLK memorial (at night) and it was beautiful. After freezing our nips off, we went to Bus Boys and Poets on K Street. Where I promptly ordered the poached pear salad with chicken.
This is a picture of the salad as served:
This is a picture of what I made.
![]() |
| Not quite the same as the restaurant's salad but a pretty solid effort!! |
I poached the pears with a bottle of Two Buck Chuck Shiraz (which I mulled-the recipe will be below), I caramelized my own onions, bought the candied pecans from Trader Joes and the Spring Mix also came from Trader Joes, and baked a chicken breast seasoned with Trader Joes salt less seasoning (i only used a half of the chicken boob in this salad). I didn't do the toast points because I am really not into bread any more. Oh yeah! I forgot to mention. I made a red wine reduction and added some red wine vinegar and agave syrup to create my salad dressing (that's the red stuff on the chicken).
![]() |
| Ingredients |
![]() |
| My pear is poaching |
- 1 bottle of red wine (I like sweet reds so I went with Trader Joes $3 Shiraz
- 1/4 teaspoon on cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar in the raw (I dont do white sure EVER)
- 1/4 teaspoon good vanilla (a la The Barefoot Contessa)
- And some pears ( I think these are Bosch Pears)
Mix all the stuff in a small pan. Put the pears in. Turn the flame to low and let it simmer for a good hour to hour and a half.
All in all (and I am not saying this because I made it) it was a pretty tasty salad. It was alot of work but I loved it.




No comments:
Post a Comment